Orion Transit is a paratransit company in Dallas and we are looking for skilled and committed non-CDL drivers that want to serve their community. Our business partners should be motivated to provide a positive riding experience to our passengers. As a paratransit operator, you will be picking up mobility challenged passengers and safely driving them to their destination.
- Full-Time Operators work five 10 hour shifts per week.
Pay starts at $18 per hour -1099 independent contractor.
- Provide safe and reliable transportation to disabled or elderly passengers protected under the highly regulated Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Perform a route based passenger Pick up and Drops off using Computer Aided Dispatch tablet technologies.
- Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspection and report any discrepancies or safety violations.
- Monitor vehicle health, cleanliness, and report any vehicle malfunctions.
- Collect fares from passengers and maintain accurate logs of all fares collected and return to transit leadership staff.
- Aid passengers using wheelchair assistance as needed and provide ambulatory assistance when needed to ensure a safe and courteous ride.
What Orion Transit is looking for in a candidate:
- Customer service or hospitality background is a must for this position.
- A safe driver.
- You must have patience as you may be driving in heavy traffic and helping people.
- You must have a positive attitude, personable soft skills, and make people’s day attitude.
- Vehicle and gas provided
- Quarterly “performance bonus”
- 1099- independent contractor
- $200 Sign on bonus on second full pay cycle
This position is perfect for:
- Those searching for an opportunity to give back to your community. This isn’t just another job, this is a commitment to provide value and service to your community.
- Those that love spending time on the road with great people.
- Dependable people that want to grow and improve with us as a trusted and reliable member of our team.
Requirements for this position:
- Must have experience in some type of professional driving, paratransit or NMET
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Must have at least 5 years of driving experience
- Must possess the appropriate class of license for the type of vehicle to be operated.
- Must not have more than one traffic citation for a moving violation within the past two years and must have no DWI/DUI convictions.
- Must not have any open traffic cases
- Must not have any felony convictions within the past seven years.
- Must not have any open criminal cases.
- Must not have any domestic violence or sexual assault convictions.
- Must pass an FTA pre-employment drug screen and must be able to pass all random, post-accident and any reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol tests which may be administered in accordance with FTA requirements throughout the life of this contract.